Saturday 26 October 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette


The Naked and Naked 2 palettes have been make-up staples for pretty much everyone I know. I'm not sure how I resisted both of them but somehow I did...I think it's because although they're super neutral palettes that can be used to create almost any eye look I was unsure as to how much use I'd get out of each one when I've got a stock pile of single eyeshadows in my make-up organiser.

A couple of weekends ago I was returning some items with my mum and we both decided this would be a worthwhile purchase. We weren't wrong! My mum and I have different skin tones, she is slightly more olive toned than I am but this palette is used every day by both of us. The colour range is perfect to create a quick and simple every-day look or to blend the darker colours to make a smokey, night time look.


My favourite shades are Venus and Naked 2 - I use these daily for my no-make-up make up! Venus goes in my inner corner and under my eyebrow and Naked 2 is blended into my crease.

All of these have a very smooth but slightly chalky texture apart from Venus... It's very soft but I tend to experience a little bit of fallout or grittiness with the shimmery shade. Once it's applied it doesn't really shift until I take it off though so it's manageable! There's also a strange smell to my palette, is that just me? Let me know in the comments so I know I'm not alone!

What's your favourite shade from Urban Decay? There are a ton of new releases in individual pots which are certainly next on my shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment